Merchandiser - Yakima
Posted on May 09, 2023
Position Title: MERCHANDISER
Branch/Department: SALES/DISTRIBUTION DEPARTMENT
POSITION REPORTS TO:
Merchandising Supervisor, Account Manager, Sales Supervisor,
and/or Branch Manager
Represents Coca-Cola in a professional manner in all accounts and acts as liaison between the customers and Coca-Cola. Ensure beverage sections, displays and all points of availability are maintained according to CCBC Yakima/Tri-Cities Corporate Merchandising standards and Total Product Management guidelines.
VITAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Assumes responsibility for the effective merchandising of all assigned accounts.
- Schedules and performs merchandising in assigned accounts according to customer and dealer requirements. Services accounts in accordance with Corporate Merchandising standards and Total Product Management guidelines. Maintains merchandising equipment properly and rotates stock as required.
- Maintains in-store Company related items (including racks, coolers, display equipment and point of sale materials). Makes minor repairs as needed.
- Manages and maintains assigned space according to approved schematics and corporate merchandising standards.
- Maintain constant awareness of current promotional activities and promotional pricing.
- Effectively maintains good relationships with dealers to ensure maximum sales performance.
- Anticipates and resolves customer complaints and problems.
- Keep dealers informed of merchandising activities and promotions.
- Ensures that Coca-Cola's quality reputation is maintained.
- Assumes responsibility for coordinating and reporting field operations.
- Provides communication and coordination from the field to immediate supervisors. Provides feedback regarding competitive activity and any significant problems in the field.
- Attends meetings and maintains adequate records as needed.
- Maintains awareness for incremental sales opportunities such as racks, displays and point of sale materials
- Assumes other related duties as required or assigned.
- Ensures that all company equipment is serviced and repaired as needed.
- Ensures that all merchandising functions are safely conducted.
- Ensure accuracy of retail pricing on all products and packages.
- Good customer relations in all assigned accounts. Customer requests and problems are promptly and courteously resolved.
- Merchandising standards are maintained in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Achieve and maintain standard case per day productivity levels.
- Assigned accounts are serviced according to customer service requirements.
- Required records and reports are promptly and accurately completed. Required meetings and training sessions are attended.
- Good communication and coordination with area staff and with management. Management is appropriately informed.
- Operate personal or assigned Company vehicle in a safe and courteous manner.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Good driving record
- 18 years of age
- Merchandiser Orientation (provided by company)
- High standards of personal grooming.
- Able to work independently and without direct supervision.
- Requires strong interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Ability to handle repetitive lifting, bending, and stooping with 35 to 50LBS (Average 450 to 500 cases per day).
- Good sales abilities.
- Good basic math skills.
- A working smart phone with cellular coverage, camera, and ability to simultaneously run multiple Apps.
- A drivable, dependable vehicle
- Personal automobile insurance coverage
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch/kneel bend and reach.
- The employee will be on feet for multiple hours, moving, bending, lifting, stacking, un-stacking, squatting, and stretching in display of product.
- The employee must lift, push, pull, carry and/or move from 10 to 50 pounds frequently for several hours at a time. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Coca-Cola is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Excellent benefit package:
- Insurance available after 60 days of employment with a low premium- health, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability
- Voluntary AFLAC
- Company-matched 401k
- Paid vacations, holidays, float holidays, and sick days
- Waiting periods apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.60 - $18.75 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Apply Online Download Application