Posted on November 23, 2021
Coca-Cola Bottling Yakima/Tri-Cities
Position Title: MERCHANDISER
Branch/Department: SALES/DISTRIBUTION DEPARTMENT
POSITION REPORTS TO:
Merchandising Supervisor, Account Manager, Sales Supervisor,
and/or Branch Manager
Represents Coca-Cola in a professional manner in all accounts and acts as liaison between the customers and Coca-Cola. Ensure beverage sections, displays and all points of availability are maintained according to CCBC Yakima/Tri-Cities Corporate Merchandising standards and Total Product Management guidelines.
VITAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Assumes responsibility for the effective merchandising of all assigned accounts.
- Schedules and performs merchandising in assigned accounts according to customer and dealer requirements. Services accounts in accordance with Corporate Merchandising standards and Total Product Management guidelines. Maintains merchandising equipment properly and rotates stock as required.
- Maintains in-store Company related items (including racks, coolers, display equipment and point of sale materials). Makes minor repairs as needed.
- Manages and maintains assigned space according to approved schematics and Corporate merchandising standards.
- Maintain constant awareness of current promotional activities and promotional pricing
- Effectively maintains good relationships with dealers to ensure maximum sales performance.
- Anticipates and resolves customer complaints and problems.
- Keep dealers informed of merchandising activities and promotions.
- Ensures that Coca-Cola's quality reputation is maintained.
- Assumes responsibility for coordinating and reporting field operations.
- Provides communication and coordination from the field to immediate supervisors. Provides feedback regarding competitive activity and any significant problems in the field.
- Attends meetings and maintains adequate records as required.
- Maintains awareness for incremental sales opportunities such as racks, displays and point of sale materials
- Assumes other related duties as required or assigned.
- Ensures that all company equipment is serviced and repaired as needed.
- Ensures that all merchandising functions are safely conducted.
- Ensure accuracy of retail pricing on all products and packages
- Good customer relations in all assigned accounts. Customer requests and problems are promptly and courteously resolved.
- Merchandising standards are maintained in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Achieve and maintain standard case per day productivity levels.
- Assigned accounts are serviced according to customer service requirements.
- Required records and reports are promptly and accurately completed. Required meetings and training sessions are attended.
- Good communication and coordination with area staff and with management. Management is appropriately informed.
- Operate personal or assigned Company vehicle in a safe and courteous manner.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Good driving record
- 18 years of age
- High standards of personal grooming.
- Able to work independently and without direct supervision.
- Requires strong interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Ability to handle repetitive lifting, bending and stooping with cases of product (Average 450 to 500 cases per day).
- Good sales abilities.
- Good basic math skills.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE JOB:
- Bending the body downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist.
- Extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Job generally requires continuous (5.5-8 hours of your work day) of walking to accomplish tasks.
- Pushing/Pulling. Using upper extremities to exert force in order to haul, tug, or move objects to complete the task occasionally.
- Continuously (5.5-8 hours of your work day) raising objects from a lower or higher position or moving objects from position to position that range from 1-50 pounds.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- The worker will need to have visual acuity to determine accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness.
- The worker is subject to the outside environmental conditions seldom to occasionally depending on the needs of the task.
Work Week= 40 hours*
Apply Online Download Application